ORBIS optical smoke detector
The ORBIS optical smoke detector is a conventional smoke detector composed of a white, fire retardant polycarbonate housing.
The ORBIS optical smoke detector operates on the light scatter principle. The remarkable optical design of the ORBIS optical smoke detector allows it to respond to a wide spectrum of fires. In the design and the corresponding "TimeSaver" base, ease of installation and reliability in operation are the main considerations.
The sensing chamber of the ORBIS optical smoke detector contains an optical sensor which measures back-scattered light as well as the more usual forward-scattered light. Sensitivity to black smoke is greatly improved. The stability of the detector - high reliability, low false alarm rate - is further increased by the use of algorithms to decide when the detector should change to the alarm state.
The most important features of the ORBIS optical smoke detector are:
- responds well to slow burning, smouldering fires
- good performance in both black and white smoke
- the TimeSaver base is designed for fast installation and allows the cabling to be checked without the presence of a detector
- built-in algorithms filter out momentary, abnormal signals and reduce false alarms
- automatic drift compensation with DirtAlert, a yellow flashing LED, for easy identification of dirty detectors
- during commissioning, StartUP signals the correct connection and operation of the detector by means of a red flashing LED
- SensAlert, a yellow flashing LED indicates faulty operation of the detector
- Fas Test only takes four seconds to test and confirm that the detector is functioning correctly and reduces maintenance time
- the DustDefy system prevents the ingress of dust while maintaining airflow